Friday, September 4, 2009

Under Pressure

Who knew that a pinhole leak could make such a mess? I had a water leak my main line this week. Oh, the joys of home ownership. I dug up most of it (yes ME) and then the plumber dug up the rest and fixed it. He showed me the part of the pipe that was leaking and you can't even see the hole. However, when you put enough pressure behind something, it is going to erupt like Old Faithful. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but it felt like it. The only good thing about that whole situation was that I learned to be grateful for running water, I learned how to turn off my water at the city shut off, and I learned that I don't like digging in mud. Needless to say, I am so glad to have running water again, YEAH!

I have pictures that I will post later.

3 comments:

  1. Owning a home isn't fun at times! How long was your water off? How did you know you had a leak? I'm glad you were able to get it fixed! Enjoy your day off tomorrow! Love you Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water was off for about a day, then we were able to turn it on for showers & stuff. Then it was off one more day to get it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I know about the leak? My water bill went up about 30-40 bucks and we found a wet spot that never seemed to dry out. Hopefully my next water bill isn't too much higher!

    ReplyDelete